depa Approves 14 Additional Digital-Oriented Projects to Support Thai SMEs September 8, 2020, depa Building Ladprao
in Adopting Digital Technologies to Drive National Economy
– The Digital Economy Promotion Agency (depa) continues to move ahead with promoting Thai small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to adopt digital technology and innovation. Lately, the depa approved another batch of 14 digital-oriented development projects to enhance the potential and competitiveness of SMEs. The depa expects to provide promotions and support for 35 projects this year, helping to generate no less than 18 million baht in circulation in the economic system.Dr. Nuttapon Nimmanphatcharin, President/CEO of depa
, said the depa’s subcommittee held an eight meeting of 2020 to consider providing promotions and support to another 14 digital-driven development projects under the depa Digital Transformation Fund in addition to the 14 development projects that earlier received approval. The depa aims to provide promotions and support to 35 projects this year. A total of 14 newly approved projects is divided into four categories as follows
The 4 digital development projects related to Material and Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
1. Application development project to optimize management efficiency of a Thai chili paste factory proposed by Golden Peak Home Food Co., Ltd.
2. Digital project to enhance customer relationship management with a smart tracking system to follow up on the progress proposed by PCO.A. Technology Co.,Ltd.
3. Cost-cutting, revenue enhancement project using the ERP proposed by Right Solution Co., Ltd.
4. Cloud ERP project to drive business development proposed by Micron Group Co., Ltd.
The 5 digital development projects related to the use of Internet of Things (IoT) technology.
1. Water distribution and irrigation system at a smart Durian orchard proposed by Fame House Co., Ltd.
2. Smart Betong Chicken Farm project proposed by Kaitong Betong Yala Co., Ltd.
3. Machinery maintenance and risk monitoring system proposed by Summit Tech Group
4. High-density shrimp farming system using the IoT technology proposed by S.I.A Farm Co., Ltd.
5. Production system improvement project using the IoT technology proposed by Chaiwattana Fish Sauce Factory Co., Ltd.
The 3 digital development projects proposing for promotions and support of the E-Commerce system.
1. Traditional umbrella-making and learning project proposed by Umbrella Making Center (1978) Co., Ltd.
2. Innovative Paradorn farming for health project proposed by Paradorn Innosys Co., Ltd.
3. Project to maximize efficiency of website reservation systems, sales management system and smart delivery proposed by Simple Creation Co., Ltd.
The 2 digital development projects proposing for promotions and support in the point of sale (POS) system.
1. Smart controlling system to drive business performance proposed by Goodfood Corporation
2. POS improvement and management system to enhance inventory management proposed by Akevittaya Co., Ltd.
“The depa has continued to provide promotions and support to Thai SMEs so that they will be able to improve their business management and development and to grow their organizations. They will be capable of cutting costs, increasing productivity, and generating revenue using digital technology and innovation provided by the depa’s registered digital providers. The depa aims to strengthen and enhance the potential and competitiveness of Thai SMEs as well as comprehensively optimizing the overall business performance throughout the supply chain from upstream to downstream. If successful, it will generate money circulation in the economic system more than 18 million baht” President/CEO of depa said.
Moreover, the depa’s subcommittee meeting also approved a digital promotion and support under the depa mini Transformation Voucher scheme for a project in Ubon Ratchathani initiated by the Ubon Ratchathani Chamber of Commerce. It aims to provide entrepreneurs with opportunities to choose and adopt the right digital technologies and innovation that match the context or nature of their businesses with a central goal to elevate the business competitiveness in preparation for the digital transformation. It is a standardized starting point in a move forward to digital economy.